Dear parents/ carers,
Welcome to our online teaching/learning sessions
I hope you find the activities helpful and we will be in touch to answer all your questions.
Welcome to the Apple class home learning page:
Our home learning is intended to develop our pupils' excitement and passion for their learning and to help parents support their children at home.
During the week daily activities will be added to:
- Ensure that parents are clear about what their child is expected to do;
- Ensure consistency of approach throughout the school during the closure;
- To use home learning as a tool to help to continue to raise standards of attainment;
- Improve the quality of the learning experience offered to pupils and to extend it beyond the classroom environment;
- Provide opportunities for parents, children and the school to work together in partnership in relation to pupils’ learning;
- Encourage pupils and their parents to share and enjoy learning experiences;
- Reinforce learning covered in class by providing further opportunities for the individual pupil;
- To practise or consolidate basic skills and knowledge;
Friday 22nd May
Here is a guidance of what to complete today.
Make sure you encourage your parents/carers or siblings to read and complete the homework together while having fun.
Hope you enjoy today's activities:
Here is a timetable for you to follow:
9.00- 9.30 Handwriting
11.15- 12.15 Literacy
12.15 0 1.15 Lunch Break
1.15- 2.15 Reading comprehension
2.20-.40 - Break
3.00-- 3.30 Golden time- Art
Friday 22nd May
Good morning Apple class. I hope you are well and ready for another busy day of learning. Below is a brief explanation of today's learning/activities.
As you know this is the last day of this term, I would like to use the opportunity to thank you all for the marvellous effort and collaboration in teaching your children, my pupils.
Over the half term please practise maths from the TT- rock stars and reading from the Oxford.owl website.
Please copy these words neatly into your books. Write one sentence with each word. Remember cursive writing.
Today in maths we are finding the missing numbers by following the number patterns. Try your best to complete the learning independently and if you need some help from your grown ups-ask for it!
In English today we are writing about a monster. This is not based in any books, it is an independent piece of writing. I did give you a list of adjectives but if you can think of some other adjectives please use them. I would like to see new adjectives. I am sure you will enjoy this writing. My apples, please don't forget your capital letters and full stops.
As for the reading I chose a piece of reading about sunflowers. Please read the text carefully, underline the facts and answer your questions.
Pssstttt… you can complete this piece of work during the weekend but don't tell anyone! Top secret!
Golden Time- Art
For golden time I thought I suggest some fun activities. How about making a gift bag out of 1 piece of paper. Do you think it can be done? I would love to see some of them made by you. Watch the video at the very bottom of this webpage.
My apples, after today is half term and we are back again after 1 week. I wish you all a lovely time with your families. I miss you all and see you soon!
Have a great half term!
Thursday's learning 21.5.20
Wednesday's learning 20.5.20