Welcome to the Olive class home learning page!
Our home learning is intended to develop our pupils' excitement and passion for their learning and to help parents support their children at home.
During the week daily activities will be added to:
- Ensure that parents are clear about what their child is expected to do;
- Ensure consistency of approach throughout the school during the closure;
- To use home learning as a tool to help to continue to raise standards of attainment;
- Improve the quality of the learning experience offered to pupils and to extend it beyond the classroom environment;
- Provide opportunities for parents, children and the school to work together in partnership in relation to pupils’ learning;
- Encourage pupils and their parents to share and enjoy learning experiences;
- Reinforce learning covered in class by providing further opportunities for the individual pupil;
- To practice or consolidate basic skills and knowledge;
Please see suggested daily timetable:
|9:00 - 9:30 am
||Exercise - Try Joe Wicks P.E.!
|9:30 - 9:45 am
|9:45 - 10:45 am
|10:45 - 11:15 am
||Handwriting/ Times Table Rockstars
|11:15 am - 12:15 pm
|1:15 pm - 2:00 pm
|2:00 pm - 2:30 pm
|2:30 pm - 3:00 pm
|30 Minutes of Reading Daily
Friday 22nd May ✎
Good Morning Olives ☺
Congratulations on completing another term of home learning!
You are all doing a fantastic job adapting to this very new routine and I am very proud of you!
Please see below for today's tasks. You will also find additional resources to help you through your half term, which you can enjoy if you want to.
I hope you all have a wonderful, restful week ☺
This week, you will be revising with different topics. Today, you will be understanding different measurements!
Use your knowledge from previous learning to try the questions and attempt the challenges too.
As an additional task for the week, you can try the multiplication and division workbook below!
Today, you will be testing your grammar and punctuation skills with a short quiz and challenge questions!
I am confident you will all get on well these tasks, as we have used all of these writing skills before.
As an extra challenge this week, I wonder if you could write me a letter? You can tell me all about the great things you've been up to at home! Use the writing mat below to support you.
Please find below, this week's reading comprehension.
To access lots of free eBooks, have a look at the Oxford Owl link below.
This term, we will be practicing our geographic skills and learning about location!
Enjoy these activities below throughout the week!
Spellings and Handwriting
Arts and Crafts ✄
If you can, have a go at creating some of the activities below.
Enjoy some of these craft activities below, along with some challenges to keep you busy!
I will be uploading pictures of your crafts each day, so please make sure you send in your photographs to me!